Privacy and Data Protection
Data we collect from this site:
Wokingham District Scouts only collect data from this site that is directly linked to you completing either a “Contact Us” form or a “Want to join” request. On both of those pages we openly ask for your consent to use that data solely for the purpose of answering your request.
Wokingham District Scouts do not share your data with Group’s or third parties not inside the Scout Movement, and we certainly will not sell your data. We do withhold the right to pass your data on to the correct authourities if it not seen as fit and appropriate to be posted to our Website.
Our website runs on WordPress, which may set cookies depending on your interaction:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Protection: In order to protect this site we use Jetpack Services that may check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user. Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Data Synced (?): Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
- WordPress.com Stats: We use this service to see how our visitors arrive, interact and use the site. to do this we collect the following data:
- Site Visitors:IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Post and page views, video plays (if videos are hosted by WordPress.com), outbound link clicks, referring URLs and search engine terms, and country.
Data Visibility and Retention: Any piece of data explicitly identifying a specific user (IP address, WordPress.com ID, WordPress.com username, etc.) is not visible to the site owner when using this feature.